Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Balance - Friday in the cafeteria I taught a kindergartener how to balance his spork (spoon and fork together) on his finger.  I explained that you had to find the fulcrum.  I showed him and he keep repeating the word fulcrum over and over.  I loved it and he did too!  He had learned something new and he immediately had to share with everyone he could at the table or adults walking through the cafeteria.  On the flip side, I get so excited reading twitter feeds and blogs that my mind started to spin.  Just like the kid in the cafeteria, I want to share, but share what?  Who has time for another idea?  Another task? Another program to learn?  Everyone seems to just be keeping their heads above water daily, when are we supposed to learn something new? I tried Voicethread, which didn't open on most computers in the building.  Our google docs stall and the message trying to reach google comes up.  I've decided not to scream and throw all computers in the lake.  Instead I've decided to write a blog.  Why? Because the new connected world is about sharing and it's time to start.  My goal is to create focus and balance in my professional life.  If someone once walked between the twin towers, I can at least give the tools of our new connected world a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment