Sunday, May 19, 2013

A year in pictures!

 It's the last week of school.  I tried to write a great ending to the story, but I'm going to let the story tell itself.
                                           Cafe and Daily Five
                                            DC Parade - who knows?

                           
                                              National Storytelling Festival Jonesborough, TN
                                                      Traveling
Doc Watson Merle Fest - Boone, NC

                                                small groups
                                                 2nd graders reading with Kindergarten
                                                 Langston - 2 months old

                                                        Don't get rolled over
                                                            science fair
         

                                            Grow your own food!
Kindergarten graduation - 100's of smiles!
                                                 Carmen Deedy and my daughter
                                                        yes, I like cookies!
                                                         Plan to read!



School years are very precious.  We wish them away in the heat of the battle, but we should cherish each day whether good or bad.  21st century tools make it very easy to chronicle that journey.  This blog was an attempt to improve my writing skills and 21st educator skills.  If I have to assess myself I would give myself an A for not follow the rules and a C for organization.  I started because I was struggling with how to balance the school and home life, I didn't always stay on topic.  I did wander as I always do, but it's that how we learn.  I've experimented with a lot of 21st tools, twittered with a lot of interesting people, and read some of the best written blogs in my life.  It's hard to believe the talent in the educational world that we just give away for free.  I plan on using pinterest, twitter, and my blog to continue my education online and I'm sorry to say that I think I learned more this year than going back to school.  Yes, I know I need my Phd.
One last thought for the school year. Above is a picture of my garden in early spring, it takes constant attention to have a steady crop of something to eat.  You have to protect the soil, water, watch for insects, it know exactly when to plant(timing is every thing), and constantly experiment with different plants.  It's real easy to grow tomatoes and cucumbers.  Black beans, swiss chard, garlic, onions, sugar snap peas, sweet potatoes, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, black eyed peas, collard greens, mint, parsley, lettuce, carrots, beets, kale, and broccoli can be a challenge.  However, that  challenge is what makes life fun and exciting.  Every teacher has a wide variety of students with a wide variety of needs and when we reach out in an exciting thought provoking way we will reap the harvest of life long learning for all.
I've had over 800 views this year and thanks to everyone that participated in my journey.

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

1. organize my pictures better!
2. take better pictures of all events
3. make sure you are having fun everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment