Sunday, April 14, 2013

Real reform - Educators treated like doctors and lawyers







Reform that might actually change something!


http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/13/opinion/teachers-will-we-ever-learn.html?pagewanted=all

Everyone in education needs to read the above article and send it to your congress person. I believe I wrote something very similar when I was in graduated school about solutions for education.  Reform is focused in the wrong place.  Policy makers are trying to reform classrooms when they need to reform the system.  I would add one comment.  All parents should be required by law to attend a student led conference twice during the year.  All parents should be required to attend training sessions to understand the common core curriculum.
Tell me what you think about the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment